Insurance for Part-time vs Full-time RVers

You can add your RV to your auto policy, but if you live in it full-time, that might not net you the coverage you need for your home. Find out the difference between part-time and full-time RV living and make an appointment with an agent at ALLConnecticut Insurance in West Hartford, CT to determine the best insurance options for your sometimes or all-the-time home on wheels. 

How the Insurance Company Looks at Your RV

Of course, every RV policy is unique, but there are two general categories used by most insurers based on how long you spend in your RV. Do you spend months on the road and then come home to your primary residence? Maybe you live in your RV year-round, making it your sticks and bricks home. 

What Is Full-Time RV Living?

Generally, if you live in your recreational vehicle for more than 150 nights per year, you’re a full-time RVer with unique needs compared to part-time RV enthusiasts. Either you have another home but spend 150+ nights in your recreational vehicle, or you don’t own a conventional home and spend the whole year in your RV. 

What Is Part-Time RV Living?

Even if you spend months in your RV, you don’t need the same coverage as full-time RVers. As a part-time RV owner, you always have another house to go home to. You don’t have all your possessions tied up in the vehicle. On the other hand, if you have no permanent address and live in your recreational vehicle, you’re likely to want more coverage. 

Driving around the country full-time puts you at greater risk of an accident or other perils. So, you’ll want to choose policy options that give you the confidence you need to enjoy the road.

Contact ALLConnecticut Insurance in West Hartford, CT to discuss your RV insurance needs today!