West Hartford, CT is a great place for the outdoor enthusiast. Residents can use a variety of motorized toys to enjoy their natural surroundings, regardless of the season. As summer comes to an end, make plans to move your jet skis, boats, and ATVs into storage to keep them safe over the winter season.
Clean Your Equipment
- Mold, mildew, and other nasty microbiota can ruin fabric and corrode engine parts. Clean your motorized toy inside and out to protect it from damage-causing germs.
- Power wash your motorized toy. RVs and boats need special attention on the outside. Animal excrement and environmental toxins will slowly eat away your finish over the long months in storage.
- Use a degreaser to clean plastic and vinyl coverings. You may want to treat leather interior with a conditioner to keep it moist through the cold.
- Clean any carpets, rugs, and curtains. Throw them in a gentle wash cycle with vinegar and baking soda to remove odors, stains, and germs.
- Wash the inside walls of boats, RVs, and other enclosed toys. Let them dry completely before storing. You may need a wet-dry vacuum to get all the water.
- Empty all cabinets, cupboards, and storage spaces. Remove all food items, even those you think will stay fresh. These can attract bugs and other vermin looking for a convenient meal.
- Inventory all of the equipment you plan to store with your vehicle. Print the list and keep it in a safe place. These are helpful if a theft occurs during the storage period.
- Call your insurance agent. Some policies can be suspended while your motorized toy is in storage. The experts at ALLConnecticut Insurance can help you decide what coverage you may need during the storage period.
- Select a storage facility. An enclosed, locked space will protect your toys from weather and theft. They may also lower your insurance premiums. If you are renting a space, choose one that is close enough to visit periodically.
Whether you’re looking to protect your home, business, automobile, or family’s future, ALLConnecticut Insurance can help. We proudly serve the insurance needs of residents in the West Hartford, CT areas. Contact us to learn more about insurance for your motorized seasonal toys.