What Does Auto Insurance Cover?

The laws regarding Connecticut insurance require liability of $25,000, per accident, as coverage for each person involved. 

What is liability insurance in the state of Connecticut? Liability insurance is the minimum coverage required by law. It envelopes the injuries and property of another person due to negligence while driving. This coverage normally covers each person involved in an accident a minimum of $25,000.  The entire accident is covered with $50,000. Allowing $25,000 for injury to the person and $25,000 for property damage.  Although these are the minimum requirements, higher coverage is advisable. 

Another type of insurance coverage you will need for your car is uninsured/underinsured coverage. This protects you and the people you live with if injured in an accident an uninsured motorist caused. Then there is a conversion coverage for an underinsured motorist. It is a reimbursement to you,  should the driver at fault not have enough coverage for damages incurred. 

Any questions regarding insurance coverage in the West Hartford, CT area can be answered by a professional agent from AllConnecticut Insurance. 

There is sometimes a lot of confusion between collision and comprehensive coverage. When you purchase collision insurance, it refers to your car rolling over, colliding with an object or another vehicle. This insurance requires some form of deductible you must pay before the insurance pays the balance. Comprehensive coverage is when your car is damaged for reasons in addition to another vehicle collision. It can be due to theft, hitting an animal, glass breakage, or a natural disaster.  

If you are seeking liability, collision, comprehensive, or some other auto insurance, contact the professionals at AllConnecticut Insurance. We can help you if you live in West Hartford, CT or the surrounding areas.

Types of Home Insurance Needed for Multi-Family Properties in Connecticut

When you are managing a multi-family property in West Hartford, CT, you will need more coverage than your standard home insurance. At ALLConnecticut Insurance, we know that every multi-family property is different. We can help you to get the coverage that you need to protect your property from every risk.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance protects you from injury claims or third-party damage to property. This type of home insurance will cover you from slip and fall lawsuits or claims. If a tenant hurts themselves or experiences a problem that could have been prevented by you, you could be sued or asked to cover the damages. 

Those damages could add up, and might include medical costs, legal fees, and lost wages.

Property Insurance

Property insurance on a multi-family home is much like property insurance on your home insurance, with more coverage. You might also get extended coverages depending on the structure of the home, and its specific needs.

A home with several apartments in it that is 100 years old for example may need more home insurance than one that was just built.

If you have multiple buildings or structures on your property, you will probably need different coverage for all of them. You can get whole property coverage however that will cover everything.

Commercial Insurance

You may have families living in your building or home that are not paying rent, but very often they are. This means running a multi-family property is often a commercial business. In addition to your property and liability business home insurance, you will need commercial insurance to protect every facet of this enterprise. That includes your business income, losses in the event of a crisis, and even your payroll.

Additional coverage you may consider after you purchase these insurance policies for your business might be umbrella coverage. This is the coverage that will make sure that you are covered for any additional crisis beyond what these policies will cover.

Get a Quote

If you are seeking commercial or home insurance on a multi-family property in West Hartford, CT, we know that your home insurance needs are complex. Call ALLConnecticut Insurance for a quote on home insurance for multi-family properties.