Get the right insurance on your RV

Before heading out of West Hartford, CT with your RV this summer, it would be a good idea to make sure you have proper insurance coverage on your vehicle. A motorized RV, such as a motor home, must have liability insurance just as an automobile would in Connecticut. Smaller RV’s must also have liability coverage at a minimum, but may operate under a different policy than an auto policy.

RV insurance is rather specialized a it is often a vehicle that is used only part of the year, and may be parked for extensive periods. It is generally also a high-value vehicle, and that makes the insurance cost more. In addition to liability, there is collision and comprehensive coverage available for a motor home type vehicle.  Collision and comprehensive are not required by the state, but may be required by the lender if you still owe on the RV.  Collision covers damage to your vehicle if you are at fault in an accident. Comprehensive covers none automotive damage caused by your vehicle in an accident.

Gap insurance is also a possibility one might consider. This covers the difference between the market value and the cost to replace if your RV is totaled. In a collision policy the insurance company pays the market value, but you may owe more than that or it might cost more to replace than that. With gap insurance you would be covered.  For some people an umbrella policy is a good idea. This covers you if you have a major claim against you that is more than your insurance limits.

The agents at ALLConnecticut Insurance can help you get the policy you need to cover your RV. You may also get quotes by visiting us online. Existing customers may contact us to get a free policy review to make sure all of your policies are up to date.


Why Commercial Insurance is Important

Starting a business is hard and keeping it financially stable is a long-term struggle. Having commercial insurance is the best way to protect your company from any unforeseen disasters or lawsuits that may disrupt your business.

Common Types of Commercial Insurance

  • Liability Insurance – protects you if someone is injured on your property. If a customer is hurt because of an accidental spill, they could bring a lawsuit against you. You may be required to pay medical costs as well as pain and suffering fees.
  • Worker’s Compensation – gives you protection if an employee becomes injured during working hours. Even if part of their job is to haul heavy boxes, you may be responsible if their back is injured at work. The injured employee could also receive weeks of paid time off and medical coverage for the injury. Without worker’s compensation, your business could suffer if you had to pay out-of-pocket.
  • Property Damage Insurance – can give you relief if your business was damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, storm, or other types of disasters. You work extremely hard to keep your business going and you wouldn’t want an accidental fire to shut you down permanently.
  • Disability Insurance – is optional plan coverage that may help if you become disabled or too sick to run your own business. You may receive partial income while you are disabled.
  • Business Interruption – is an option that would help if you needed to maintain your income in the event of a disaster.

If you need to research a new or existing insurance plan, the independent agents at ALLConnecticut Insurance in West Hartford are available to help. Whether you are a small, medium, or large business, the agents will be able to offer information and plan options for your company.