Common Auto Insurance Terms You Need to Know

When shopping for auto insurance in West Hartford, CT, you probably have heard terms you might have been unfamiliar with. Understanding these terms can help you determine if you are selecting the best insurance policy for your driving needs. Take a moment to look over the following insurance terms and then reach out to ALLConnecticut Insurance to discuss any questions and auto insurance options available. 


When in an auto accident with another vehicle or object, your collision coverage pays for the damage. There is a deductible for this coverage you must pay out of pocket before the insurance policy pays the remaining repair and replacement costs. 


When you have damage to your car, not caused by an accident, your comprehensive coverage helps pay for repairs. For example, this policy covers damage associated with theft, flood, falling objects, broken glass, and vandalism. Comprehensive also covers the damage when you hit an animal while driving. 


The liability insurance coverage pays for bodily injury to another person or damage to someone else’s property. Your insurance policy covers these items when you are found responsible for an accident or someone who was driving your vehicle (with your permission) causes an accident. All states require drivers to carry liability insurance, and it is recommended you have more coverage than the required limit in Connecticut. 

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist

When you get into an auto accident caused by another motorist without auto insurance, your uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for the damages and medical costs. This coverage also pays when another motorist does not have enough insurance to pay for your accident-related expenses. 

Those living in West Hartford, CT, who still have questions about some terms associated with their auto insurance policy need to call ALLConnecticut Insurance today. The agents there can help answer your questions and help you find an insurance policy.