Do all recreational policies offer full coverage?

You decide what your recreational policy from ALLConnecticut Insurance in West Hartford, CT covers. If you only want liability coverage, you can do that, similar to the minimum coverage for a car or truck. But you can also fully protect your finances and vehicles by obtaining full coverage.

You can choose recreational vehicle coverage for your RV, motorhome, golf carts, and more. Any vehicle you drive on the roads, even for a quick trip to the corner store, needs insurance. Your recreational policy, also sometimes called RV insurance or toy insurance, can feature the following types of coverage:

  • Property damage liability
  • Injury or death liability
  • Collision
  • Comprehensive
  • Roadside assistance

While you protect the other drivers on the road with liability coverage, the latter three policy coverage types protect your recreational vehicles.

If your ATV hits a root and tears up the undercarriage or your RV springs an oil leak, the comprehensive coverage pays for the repairs. If you run into someone’s mailbox with your RV, your collision coverage pays for the repairs to your RV. (Your liability coverage pays for the person’s mailbox.) The roadside assistance covers things like flat tires and running out of gas. A tow truck comes to your assistance with your roadside coverage paying for it.

Since most people purchase a recreational policy to cover their motorhome and vacation in it, we typically recommend that you buy a full coverage policy. Full coverage protects you, your vehicle, and your vacation. Some recreational vehicle coverage even includes rental car coverage, so if your RV takes a few days to fix, you’ll have a car to drive locally while you wait to get on the road again.

Contact ALLConnecticut Insurance serving West Hartford, CT for a recreational policy to protect your recreational vehicles. Let us help you create a custom policy that provides the coverage you need.